1. Why should I join SDI?
There are many ways by which you can learn courses related purely to gems and Jewellery industry, but the way we at SDI put it all together in both theory and practical is unprecedented, the way our curriculum is organized and our faculties are chosen would definitely give you an outstanding academic experience that you will enjoy and benefit from.
2. What are the Courses taught at SDI?
The Courses offered by SDI are:
- Diploma in Diamond Grading
- Diploma in Jewellery Designing (Basic)
- Diploma in Jewellery Designing (Advanced)
- Diploma in Color Stone Identification
- Diploma in CAD Jewellery Designing
- Diploma in Gems and Jewellery
- Diploma in Gems and Jewellery Professional
- Certificate in Gold Appraisal
- Certificate in Navaratna
- Corporate training programs
- Short term course (refer courses tab in home page for further details)
3. Do you offer any internship/placements opportunities after the completion of the course?
Yes, we do offer internship & 100% placement assistance for the students enrolled in diploma programs.
4. What are the career opportunities after completion of these courses?
Since all the courses are related to Gems and Jewellery Industry,there will be ample opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
Some of the careers paths after completing these courses are:
• Diamond grader
• Jewellery designer
• CAD designer
• Lab & Research Professional
• Jewellery Consultant / Valuer
• Auction Specialist
5. Can I know about the faculties teaching at SDI?
We have very well experienced faculty at SDI. The faculty is well qualified and have excellent knowledge of present gems and jewellery industry and are well trained to rise up to the ever-changing market.
6. Is SDI affiliated to any University?
SDI is an independent private educational body. SDI is the affiliated training partner with Gem and Jewellery Skill Council of India and also a life member of Gem & Jewellery Council (GJC).
7. What makes SDI a better choice?
- SDI is an ISO certified Institute.
- World-class infrastructure and facilities
- Very Experienced faculty
- More focus on practical applications as per changing dynamic of the market
- One to one attention on students
- Affiliated to N.S.D.C (National Skills Development Council) as a training partner.
8. Could you give me the names of a few jewellers who have benefited by training programs and courses taught at SDI?
Yes, there are around 150 jewellers who have already benefitted from the courses taught by SDI.
To name a few:
- Anmol Jewellers
- Tibarumal Jewellers
- Manepally Jewellers
- Shree Tulja Bhavani Jewellers
- Mamraj Mussadilal Jewellers
- Mangatrai Jewellers
- Shree Raj Jewellers
- P.Mangatram Jewellers
- Mussadilal & Sons Jewellers
- Suraj Bhan Jewellers
- Kalasha Fine Jewels
Please refer beneficiaries for the full list of Jewellers
9. Do you provide any accommodation facility to students who reside out of Hyderabad?
Presently we don’t provide any accommodation. But we can suggest you a few Paying Guests,Lodges & Hotels which are near our institute.
10. Does SDI conduct seminars and industrial trips?
With an aim to go beyond academics, SDI has conducted several seminars and industrial trips in the past which has provided students a practical perspective of the gems and jewellery sector. We provide the students with an opportunity to learn practically through interaction with the best in the industry, working methods and employment practices.
Some of the seminars and industrial trips conducted by SDI in the past are:
- Trip to Jaipur
- Visit to National Museum , Delhi to witness the nizams jewels put on display after 11 years
- Visit to Karimnagar – Silver Filigree workshop by National award winning artisans