SDI has also a course pertaining to all the colour stones available in the market. SDI teaches Gemology in which the student is taught how to recognize natural gemstones, their formation and significance, inclusions, treated gemstones. Every aspect of the colour stone has been taught. The student also gets hands-on experience by grading them using all the equipment available. Students get to learn more about hundreds of gemstones available in the market.
- Introduction to Gems
- Physical Properties
- Chemical Properties
- Optical Properties
- Crystallography of Gemstones.
- Causes of colour in Gemstones.
- Use of High-end equipment like Jewellers loupe, Microscope, Spectroscope, Dichroscope, Chelsea Color filter, UV light, Polariscope, Refractometer.
- Description of Gemstones on the basis of Colors, Species & Chemical composition
- Identification of various Inclusions in Gemstones.
- Different types of Synthetics & its Identification.
- Different types of Treatments on Gemstones.
- Identification of treated Gemstones
- Differentiating Natural Gemstones from its Synthetics, treated & Simulants.
- Extensive practical training.
- Special focus on the major Gemstones available in the market.
- Gemstones Market & Future
- Theory and practical exams
Duration: 3 Months (60 Sessions, 5 days a week)